Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Relief Teaching

this post was supposed to be up a long time back, but well, i'm a busy person rite? hah!
so anyway... yea.. thats my new erm career.
however, the schools seldom call me up.

and now tt im a teacher, i have to deal with the kids tt used to be like me...

Assignment 1
it was 740 in the morning when the weather is so damn nice to sleep in, i had a call from Henderson Sec. "can u come down for relief teaching today?"
i pulled my lazy body out and rushed down to the school...
i went to school and i didnt really give a shit abt students.. didnt even expect them to greet me.
i dont mind even if they just call me cher..
so i just went in, gave them their work and i sat down to read my book.. hehe!
so the kids starting to ask me weird questions.
i managed to survive my 1st day as a relief teacher!


Assignment 2
this time the call came the day before. so i was expected to report earlier.
this time i invested in a marker and and did the whole stepping in with confidence and wrote my name on the board.
it was a interesting day as well...

student : "Cher.. u how old ah? younger than 18?"
do i look younger than 18? do i? even with the make up and heels and the long skirt???

another class tt i had, i entered the wrong room! the kids greeted me and their teacher came in saying that im in the wrong class.. this is the mother of all embrassment la! i quickly packed my staff and ran to my class...
and i realised that the class was separated into 2 classes is cos of their grades!
they actually separate Band 1 students from the band 4 students (its Mother Tongue btw.. ) i was shocked! this whole segregation thing is getting far far far too absurd.. such a screwed up system yet foreigners are still coming here for education? well, who's to say anything?


well, on the whole, Relief Teaching is a great job.. just sit ard and get $$ heh! and its only HALF day!






i hope that teachers get sick everyday!

No comments: